All about me by Kana

My name is Kana. I’d like to introduce myself.

My family is…only my mother. She likes music, dance, dance and dance! She really loves dancing. Maybe she is a party animal…

*In Japan, lately social dance is very popular with old ladies, because of fit and dress, maybe.

I like traveling, going to museums, and eating a lot of meat and sweets.

My last travel was to Turkey. In Turkey there are a lot of big, beautiful mosques. And Turkish food is very delicious. I enjoyed my time there.

I also like art, especially Japanese art. Do you know these pictures? They are called UKIYOE in Japan. It’s so nice. I like it.

I dislike working hard, getting bored and being hungry. I think I’m a couch potato. I want to have a nap all day! …But, on one hand I hate getting bored and I’m short tempered. So I think I am kind of troublesome… I’m also hangry!!! Be careful!

I’m a hospital nurse. I take care of babies and adults, especially old people. My job is well-paying and easy to start and quit, but really hard, especially in Japan. So I absolutely hate it!

[embeddoc url=”https://cceb.edublogs.org/files/2016/06/kana-1hcezsc.pptx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]

Kana, Pre-Intermediate Class

9 thoughts on “All about me by Kana

1. Hello! Kana.
    I’m Nanako. nice to meet you.
    UKIYOE are nice art! I like art too.
    My sister is a Japanese painter. Do you know NIHONGA??

1. Really!?
      In Japan, I was learning Japanese painting.
      And my teacher was a young woman painter, her name is Hiroko Ikegami.
      What is your sister’s name?

2. The world has changed a lot due to new technology. About twenty years ago, the cellular phone was sold for the first time. Back then I didn’t think that the cellular phone would become as popular as now. Now even a two year old child uses it very well. It is very convenient to buy tickets or to find out something, but older people find it difficult to use new technology. So they have to buy expensive tickets. And many employees might lose their jobs. Is new technology good or bad?

3. Hi, Kana. I’m Akemi. I’m really keen on your mom too. She is cheerful and easy going.
    Did you see a comment from Yoko Oishi? I agree with her. Older people find it difficult to use new technology and I’m not good at technology.
    I’m thinking of becoming a nurse after I go back to Japan.
    If you have some advice for me, let me know. XXAkemiXX