Pets in the park

I had a fun weekend .

I went to ‘’PETS IN THE PARK’’ in the Ravizza park in Edmonton. The event included many things: dog training, a fancy dress contest, first aid, etc. Because I worked as a veterinary nurse in Japan, I’ve been excited from last week.
There were many kinds of dogs in Ravizza park that I have only seen in illustrated books. Almost all of them were very big. They were clever because their owners were good at dog training. Dog training in Australia is more developed than in Japan. I learned many new things there. But, I could’t  understand everything, because I couldn’t  understand English well. I am determined to study English more.

In the contest, many dogs competed in the fancy dress. I enjoyed seeing many fancy dogs like super man, frog etc.

I enjoyed last weekend very much!!!

Maki, Pre-Intermediate B Class

2 thoughts on “Pets in the park

1. Maki, thank you for your nice information. It was so interesting for me.
    Also I felt dog training in Australia is more developed than in Japan. Because I have never heard a dog bark in Cairns.
    In Japan, big dogs, police dogs and guide dogs are disciplined by trainers. But they feel stressed by training and their lives are actually shorter than other dogs. My dog died several years ago. I remember him.

2. It is very interesting!
    I didn’t know about the event at all. Are there such festivals in Japan? My host father sometimes bets on dogs in dog races… I wonder if Australians love animals or not. What do you think?