The Danjiri festival

Today, I would like to teach you about a famous festival in my hometown. I live in Osaka, Japan. There are a lot of festivals in Osaka, but today I am going to tell you about the Danjiri festival.

A danjiri is an ornately decorated wheeled float that is drawn during the festival. A danjiri is made of wood, and it is about 4 meters high and weighs about 4 tons. A danjiri is pulled by 500 to 1000 men and women and they usually pull while walking but when a person blows the whistle, they will run and shout sounds as “sorya sorya”.

It is such as amazing festival. It is held for 3 days in September every year. It has continued for 300 years.  It is a traditional event, and it is so amazing. It can be seen only there, so please do go there.

Kengo, Intermediate B

3 thoughts on “The Danjiri festival

1. I have not seen the Danjiri festival.
    The summer in Japan is a festival season.
    When people mention festival, Mikoshi comes to mind.
    And the people sing in chorus,and it is fun!
    I’m surprised that Mikoshi is 4 meters high and weighs about 4 tons.
    I think Hachimaki, Happi and Tabi are very popular fashion styles at a festival.

2. Hello!Kengo:) I know this festival!But it’s a very crazy and very good festival:) I want go to a Japanese festival!!