Wonderful class at the botanic garden!

Last week, my teacher Tim and my classmates of the Cambridge Advanced Certificate Course planned a remarkable class at the Botanic Garden. We met at the entrance at 9 am and then we started our trek through the Flecker gardens.

There we learnt about different species from Australia and other tropical regions around the world while we practiced the English language. Perhaps, the highlight of the tour was when I could see that many plants which grow in tropical Australia are quite similar to Colombian ones. For example, we could find papaya trees, coffee, mangoes and the popular orchid, which is the national symbol of my country.

Afterward, we visited the beautiful Butterfly Garden, and hiked up the Red Arrow track. I really enjoyed taking this path because at the top there is a nice lookout. At the lookout we had lunch and finished our hike through the Bamboo forest. During the journey we were practicing vocabulary and Use of English, I really enjoyed this class because we learnt in a very fun way. I hope to do it again!

Claudia, CAE

To see the pictures from the trip, view the slide show below:

[metaslider id=2755]