Kuranda

On October 30th, I went to Kuranda with Yuki.

Kuranda is northwest of Cairns in Far North Queensland, Australia, and is surrounded by World Heritage Rainforest. The vast beautiful rainforest in Australia overwhelmed us.

Firstly, we travelled from Freshwater station to Kuranda station on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. It has been used in the opening sequence of “世界の車窓から”, which is a famous Japanese TV program, for about 10 years.

I saw koalas and kangaroos!! It was my dream to see them very close! Koalas have been listed as an endangered species. Soon the time will come that we cannot hold koalas. I took a photo with a baby koala. It was really cute and soft and warm!

After that, I ate kangaroo meat! After I saw very cute kangaroos, I didn’t feel like eating them. But it was tender and not smelly, delicious… I’m sorry for them…

I came back on the Skyrail. We could look out over the rainforest. These trees are peculiar to the rainforest. The strangler fig is a kind of tree which kills other trees. The Kauri pine is the tallest tree in this forest I was surprised that macadamias are native to Australia.

I enjoyed this trip! Thanks Yuki. We had a great weekend 🙂

Ayaka, Upper-Intermediate

[metaslider id=3385]

8 thoughts on “Kuranda

1. Hi Ayaka

I’m glad you enjoyed Kuranda. I live in Kuranda and I also think it’s beautiful! Lovely post!

Krystyna 🙂

1. I think it is such a magical and special place.

In three more weeks I’m going to to travel to see koalas and kangaroos.

I think I will love it.