Love is in the air

Valentine’s Day is coming!!! Yay!

Is it a commercial day? Of course! Hahaha… (Although, I haven’t seen too much advertising promoting Valentine’s Day in the shops, anyway…) You can use this date to remind your girlfriend or boyfriend you love her/him if you haven’t done it. Also, it could be a day that many of us can take advantage of, be brave and express our feelings to someone we like and be happy forever… Until we remember that we don’t have money. So, many of us (girls) would like a jewel as a gift.

But, we have to be realistic; our economic situation doesn’t help us. Therefore, if you can’t give away chocolates, flowers or a romantic dinner in a restaurant, I’ll give you some ideas…

• Hanging out in the park, maybe on the Esplanade (of course, we are in Cairns; we can enjoy a beautiful view of the sea).
  • A dinner cooked by yourself. It need not be really complex; maybe you can order a pizza and watch some movies.
  • A love letter.
  • A little present like a muffin, a coffee, or a lollipop.
  • Finally, if you don’t like any of these ideas, another option could be to dedicate a song to your partner.

Well, I hope you enjoy Valentine’s Day with your partner or your friends or alone. Anyway enjoy it ‘cause You Only Live Once.

Abigail Angeles, Upper-Intermediate B

2 thoughts on “Love is in the air

1. Hi Abigail
    Nice post! I hope you are having a lovely Valentines’ Day in spite of being far away from home and without much money, etc!
    Enjoy your day and your time in Australia! 🙂