Rugby: Japanese way

2 years ago Japan won against South Africa. South Africa was the 3rd greatest team and Japan was 13th greatest team. Everyone thought South Africa would win but Japan won.

They practiced really hard, because Japanese body is so little and weaker than people from other countries. That practice was said to be the hardest practice in the world. The head coach was Edie Jones and he is receiving a lot of attention from all over the world, because he led Japan to win South Africa and he is England head coach now. Sadly, rugby is not popular in Japan and most people have never watched a rugby game and cannot tell the difference between rugby and American football. In 2019, there will be a rugby world cup in Japan. I really hope that Japanese are interested in rugby then.

Taisei, Intermediate B

2 thoughts on “Rugby: Japanese way

1. I never heard about that. It’s such a suprise! And I’m very glad to hear that!! But Rugby is so scary for me. My dad played Rugby.. When he played he had broken his kneecap..
    Did you play Rugby??

2. When I heard that Japan beat South Africa the first time, I thought this was absolutely impossible. After that, I watched the match and I was really surprised and I naturally shouted ‘ Yes!!! Japan achieved a huge win!!!’ I hope Japan will defeat a higher rank country again in next World Cup.