My life in South Australia!

After a month of studying in paradise, I got a job and started my backpacker life to prepare for my second year visa. I crossed this big land and moved to South Australia. I worked in Thomas Foods International (TFI), the top 3 meat factory in Australia located in a small town called Murray Bridge, where we stocked beef and lamb for Woolworths.

I was assigned to the cold store department where there were no bloody meat or fresh internal organs, just thousands of heavy boxes waiting to be delivered. I stayed in freezing conditions for 11 hours a day moving boxes. It’s a really hard and boring job but I was glad that my colleagues were really good, friendly, funny, talkative and helpful. Once, I asked about local coffee shops and I thought it was just a normal chat, but after 5 minutes I got a list of all of the cafes they knew in town I felt so grateful, thankful and emotional at that moment.

During the holidays with my flat mates, we shared food, we talked about life experiences, we laughed, and we definitely went out and discovered Australia together. We went to the riverside and sat on the ground chatting to each other just enjoy the leisurely afternoon. We went to the Bumbunga Lake, which due to the high content of salt reflected the color pink under the sun. We went to Barossa Valley and tasted the world-known Australian wine.

The best trip was during Easter, we visited Kangaroo Island. A huge appreciation to Bella, who was bothered by me many times and gave me lots of great suggestion and information. The landscape was incredibly awesome, particularly Remarkable Rock and Admiral’s Arch. The power of nature always impresses. These fantastic beaches that you couldn’t help but jump into even though the sea’s temperature was really cold. There were finally more animals other than flies. There were thousands of Australian sea lions lying on the beach of Seal Bay. I joined a tour to walk down to the beach and see the sea lions up close. I was just worried about becoming their lunch if I crossed the line. When it became the evening, a large quantity of kangaroos jumped everywhere; you could easily see them on the roadside.

I saw the first sunrise, as well as the first galaxy. If you go to Cairns you must visit the Great Barrier Reef, and you must go to Kangaroo Island if you visit Adelaide.

Eric, Customer Service Course

[metaslider id=5141]

4 thoughts on “My life in South Australia!

1. Your job was hard work. but, I think you got a valuable experience and
    Your trip WAS amaziiiing!!!!!!!!!!!
    I want to visit the same places too.

1. Thanks for your reply Saori.

It is really special that you can have beautiful beaches, magic rocks, lots of wild animals altogether in a small place.

You should join a one day tour at least if you don’t have that much time if you visit South Australia in the near future.

2. What an interesting and funny post!
    I am thinking about going to Adelaide next year, so thanks for sharing your experience!. I am willing to go to Kanguro Island!

3. What a fabulous and interesting post, Eric! Well done! I would love to go to Kangaroo Island sometime, but I definitely don’t want to work in a meat cold room! Your photos, also, are excellent! You are talented! Krystyna 🙂