What is Customer Service Course about?

Barista training at Lake67

My experience in this course can be described in one sentence only “I am so tired, but so happy”. There are so many topics in this course and you have lots of challenges every day, but I think this is the best thing about it, that you can experience different types of working areas in the hospitality field.

Preparing advertising materials

As a way to overcome these challenges you have to trust and rely on your classmates. I learned to trust in other people but I got some self-confidence, too. Now, I know that I am able to do so many things. I had the opportunity to practise as a barista, a tourist agent, a food and beverage attendant, and so on. In this way I was able to figure out what I want to do in the future. I want to be a baker or a patisserie chef by the end of next year; meanwhile I am working as a barista, because having my own coffee shop is my dream.

But for me, the most important part was learning to work as a team. On our first day, Justyna said to us “You will get really close during this course” and I didn’t believe her (sorry Justyna). I thought “Yeah, maybe we can make some friends, but I doubt I can be really close to everybody in this class.” But as the days were passing I got to know all these people and I got attached to them.

Cooking a school lunch

I am really sad this week, because it is our last one together and I am going to miss all my classmates: from Jae Seok with his special sense of humour, through Eric the dance machine (put some music on when he is cooking and you will know what I am talking about), to Haruna who is crazy when she is close to me, the shy and hardworking Yuka, Yukiko, Saori, Abigail, Deisy, Miyoko and Fuangfa. I am really going to miss all of you guys! When we were preparing for wine tasting I was really impressed because even if we didn’t talk about things we were working simultaneously and cooperating with each other. Through all the hectic work we got closer and closer; we shared laughs together; we helped each other and we managed to have everything ready for each event.

Wine Tasting

So customer service is a fast paced course lasting four weeks during which you can experience what it is like to be working in the hospitality industry in Australia. On top of that you will have lots of fun and meet amazing people. So if you are looking for a job in Cairns I recommend that you take this course.

Last but not least, I need to say thank you to Carolina from Lake 67 who encouraged me to take this experience. It exceeded my expectations and I really enjoyed it. And of course thank you to our lovely and encouraging teacher Justyna, without you the course wouldn’t have been the same.

Berta, Customer Service Course

6 thoughts on “What is Customer Service Course about?

1. Berta, what a fabulous post! Comprehensive, funny and informative! Very well written! Well done, Krystyna 🙂

2. Krystyna!! you are so supportive! Thanks for your comment and for always read the blog, you are really sweet 😀

3. I would like to say BIG THANKS to everybody from Customer Service Course. I tried the Wine Tasting and lunch for schoolmates too and everything had very high quality. Especially the Wine Tasting was awesome. The CSC students were real wine experts and everybody prepared a short blurb about their type of wine. I enjoyed this time very much. So thank you guys and Justyna too! :-]

4. Berta! That course finished a couple of weeks ago, but I cannot forget your big smile when you were studying. I hope your dream will come true and I will be the first customer in your shop!!

1. I had such a good time back then!
      I will be waiting for you when I set up my own business. For the moment you can help me tasting my food.