My sharehouse

In this article, I’d like to talk about my share house. My share house is located on Clare St, in Cairns Australia. There are a few things that I am about to review.

Firstly, it is 10 minutes from the city centre, 5 minutes from the Cairns Central; Shopping centre, 12 minutes from the Lagoon, and 10 minutes from the hospital, all of them by bicycle.

I have lived there just for a month, so it is a new neighbourhood for me. Before that, when I arrived in Cairns, I lived downtown, 5 minutes from my school on foot.

My new share house costs $135 AUD per week. The price includes internet, electricity, washing machine, and we have a good living room with a TV and DVD, a big balcony, kitchen and toilet but are not include the air conditioner. When I changed the share house I had to pay a deposit, equal to two weeks of rent and the owner told me that I had to live in the house for a minimum of two months.

In my share house I live with two people: one Korean woman who works a lot, so I almost never see her  and one Italian man who is a chef and works every morning, so I see him almost every afternoon.  We have a few rules about the house, I think the most important things are no big parties, everyone need buy the clean products, clean kitchen and the house is cleaned every week. Unfortunately the house is not cleaned every week, but it doesn’t look dirty.

At the beginning, I didn’t like my new share house, principally for the location, because I thought it was very far.  Though, after I got a bike, it isn’t too far. So, now I like it because it is bigger, more relaxing and quieter than my old share house. For all these reasons I’d recommend Parramatta Park in Cairns.

Madeleine Benavente, Intermediate Class

One thought on “My sharehouse