Dear future me…

Hi William Dantas,

How are you?

When you read this letter, 10 years will have past.

So, let’s do it, because Sissa gave me an order and I have to obey my teacher.

By that time, I will have been speaking English for ten years and my skills in this language will have improved. I hope so. Maybe, I will be speaking like an Australian citizen (No God, please!!!). By that time, I will have finished my PHD in Environmental sciences, maybe Environmental Impact Analysis, Fisheries Research, Water Quality Analisys or whatever else in the same field.

I would like to have a child but, I reckon, this is not a great priority in my current life. Because, when you have children you need to spend a long time taking care of them. In addition, you have to spend a lot of money to provide all that they need. If I have a good job and I am earning a big salary like my English teacher, this won’t be a problem.

I don’t know anymore about my future life. Maybe, I will be living in Australia because I like this country. Who knows, I might become an university professor, be a researcher or a consultant again because I used to like these jobs.

I will travel around Australia and to others countries if I can. I love to travel. As soon as we have time, we are going to travel to know different places. I think, I will buy a campervan or a motorhome. When you have the possibility to travel with your home is not only more comfortable but also less expensive.

Of course, I will do all these things with my wife, Rafaela. Because I’m not very sure about my future but I’m sure that I will continue married to her.

I think, that’s it. See you in 10 years.

William Dantas, Upper-Intermediate A