My cat Mike-chan

My cat’s name is Mike-chan. It’s a 7 year old female cat. She was born somewhere.

One day she suddenly came to the front of my house. For a while, I pretended not to notice her but someone was feeding the cat in front of my house, so she was staying there. One spring day she left. After a while, she came back to the front of my house with her newborn kittens!! I was very surprised!!!

Due to the fact that people irresponsibly feed them, stray cats are growing in numbers and becoming a big problem in Japan. Stray cats carry diseases and cause damage the soil. Some people are violent towards the cats because they worry about possible damage. So, some volunteer groups are helping and to protect stray cats, mainly by catching female cats and performing a contraceptive surgery (desexing) or searching for foster parents for kittens.

De-sexed cats are put back on the streets and have a slit in part of their ears. The cats with slits in their ears are called “Sakura-Mimi” because it’s like cherry blossoms. “Sakura” mean is cherry blossoms. “Mimi” means ‘ears’ in Japanese.

The story continues…

Mike-chan and her children are protected, the kittens are looking for new foster parents and Mike-chan has had a contraceptive surgery and she’s my cat!!!

She is very happy in my house 🙂

Yoshiho, Intermediate B

One thought on “My cat Mike-chan

1. Hi, Yoshiho!
    Your cat, Mike-chan, is so cute. : )
    I’m looking forward the next story about her.
    Have a good weekend!^^