Confronting  my fears

I want to say something personal because I think that it could maybe help other people who feel the same way.

Everybody is afraid of something. For many years I was too shy and I always used to hide myself behind my best friend because it was more comfortable. Then I realized that I had been putting myself aside for too many years and that I needed to change it and accept being me in front of the others. Of course it’s much easier to say it than to actually do it and I needed something to help me. What solved my problem ? I had to force myself to face my fears. Because when you face them, you see that they’re only obstacles in your mind. I don’t want to see the life from the outside, I want to live. That’s why I packed my stuff and I went to Australia when all my friends went to university. The first month here, in the school, and then all around Australia, travelling, meeting people to prove that I am able to be by myself. Being alone is one of the most stressful things for me and that’s why I am here, alone.  A new country, a new language, a new way to grow up. I have many doubts but I don’t want to give up because I’m sure that this trip is going to make me stronger and confident. I don’t want my fears to stop me from living my best life. Luckily, I met really kind people who help me feel good. I want to know who I am and what I am capable of. I think that travelling is the best way to be in touch with yourself and even if it’s hard, it‘s the best teacher ever because you have no choice but to speak with other people and find solutions to all your problems. Whatever your fears, don’t let them lead your life.

Marie, Intermediate Class

2 thoughts on “Confronting  my fears

1. Hello Marie,
    I think you have a strong personality because you told us what’s on your mind.
    I was very nervous before the first school day. I thought ‘could I make friends?’ ‘could I enjoy my class?’.But someone said ‘hello’ to me and my courage increased a little bit so I could make a lot of friends.
    So we can talk about different things if we can open our mind, and we can be best friends across the borders.

2. Noisy children are good for diplomacy; quiet children are fit for scientific research. There is no good character only suitable work. The fear of self-doubt comes from the judgment and scrutiny of the self. As life experience and experiences increase, we will encounter another new self. Be afraid, be unsure, be hestitant, but do not give up on giving urself another chance. Believe me, most people have been through this process.
    Congratulations to us. We are not conceited, one-sided people who are not used to self-criticism. We know what is wrong and what needs to be done. Believe that the future will be great.