Angel says hi

Let’s meet Angel who has come to Cairns from Spain. This is his story, episode 1:

First week in Cairns

Hello, I am Angel Espinosa and I have been in Cairns city for one week now. Truthfully I was a bit lost in my first days. I had to get used to everything and deal with the jetlag. But that wasn’t for long, as soon as I got to know the city I was more and more astonished by its incomparable scenes. I realised that it’s the only place in the whole world where the rainforest meets the Great Barrier Reef. I could see this from the window of my homestay family’s house. I also went to visit the Esplanade and the Lagoon, where people from every nationality were having fun. After a few days I began to understand why locals use to say that they live in paradise.

I think that the best choice was to study at Cairns College of English and Business. Since my first day I’ve been feeling the atmosphere that surrounds it. This consists of a positive and easy going attitude and new interesting activities every day, all kinds of exciting tours you can try with your classmates and everything that you need to enjoy an unforgettable experience in Cairns. I’ve met many friendly people from lots of different countries and it hasn’t been hard to make good friends and spend time having fun in many ways. On the academic field, we have daily lessons and you can feel that teachers really enjoy their job and are passionate about it. The balance between academic time, after-class activities and the whole support they give to every student makes CCEB a great school to study English in an immersion course.

As a personal anecdote, one afternoon while I was having fun during an activity with my school friends I unfortunately sprained my ankle. At first I felt so bad, I thought that I wouldn’t be able to join any activity for some weeks. But it hasn’t been that bad, Carolina and Nyna from the school have helped me a lot, and also my friends have cheered me up and now I’m feeling much better. For now, I am joyful that I am here.

We will hear from Angel again soon! Congratulations on your great writing skills, Angel!