Angel reporting from Cape Tribulation

His name is Angel; he’s Spanish and he loves writing about his time in Cairns. Here’s what he wrote about his trip to Cape Tribulation, Far North Queensland:

It was only a week after I’d sprained my ankle, but I went to Cape Tribulation and I don’t regret it at all. How can this be? If I had been at home and in a normal daily situation, I would have kept lying on my bed and resting. But believe me, in Cairns that is not possible – every single place you visit here has its own character that at least makes you smile.

When it comes to Cape Tribulation, it’s definitely a “must”. I cannot compare this place with anything I have seen before, it is the place where the rainforest literally meets the beach.

We started our two-day trip on Thursday, right after school, and on our way to the national park the first surprise suddenly popped up: we jumped off the bus and walked quietly towards a football field that was full of wallabies!!!!

But that was not the best part of the first day… For me the most awesome and valuable moment was our visit to the beach after dinner. Peter, our funny and friendly tour guide had chosen that specific night because we all could enjoy a huge full moon coming up from the ocean to the sky.

I found priceless the moment when I was sitting on the sea shore and the moon was illuminating the waves, the beach, and even the rainforest.

Talking about the second day, a good summary would be that we enjoyed the rainforest with its rain. Although it’s not the most ideal weather for a trip, after a few hours we got used to the rain, and in our trekking way we realized that the rainforest looks better under the rain.

Once again, a great tour.

Angel

Did you find Angel’s story interesting? Feel free to leave a comment below the post.