Olympic beach volleyball

On 20-26 June the Olympic beach volleyball games were held in Cairns. It was an amazing competition where the players left their soul, sweat and tears in the sand. They made the viewers feel adrenaline and passion because all teams wanted to win first place in the games.

Many people attended the event, supporting the Aussie team. We sang songs to cheer the team, the rounds were very exciting and we felt very stressed with each hit because the games were very close.

Australian male team
Australian male team

The Oz male team fought really well. They had accurate points and made great effort. Even though they didn’t win the cup, they gave an extraordinary show.

Joyous Australian women´s team went through and will be going to Brazil. It was an extraordinary victory and we saw a real war in the sand.  The celebration of this big achievement was very emotional and the players went to hug their families as well as the audience (see the main photo above).

I’m sharing some videos below. Watch the great players, excellent teams, and high-level, extraordinary games full of fun.

Leo, Pre-Intermediate B

4 thoughts on “Olympic beach volleyball

1. I went to see the Olympic beach volleyball games, too. The beach volleyball isn’t as popular in Japan.
    I like to watch any sports games because the play is usually passionate as the players are trying to achieve their goal. They make me excited and emotional. The Rio Olympic games will begin soon. I’m looking forward to watching the games, and I’ll cheer for Japanese teams in front of the television.

2. I was there too. Was nice to have a day with lots of sports fun. After that I really want to try playing beach volleyball.