Fitzroy Island

It is known that Fitzroy Island, located 22 kilometers east of Cairns on the mainland, is one of the most famous tourist spots in Cairns. It is a continental island, not a coral cay, but the beaches are covered with white coral.

It is reported that the average temperature of the sea is about 29 degrees, thus, Fitzroy island is normally thought to be good for swimming, snorkelling and just relaxing. However, this island also has exhilarating walking trails which take approximately two hours from the main beach to the summit.  On the way to the summit, there are some spots where you can enjoy the photogenic scenery.

fitzroy-island-national

I like going to places which have beautiful nature because spending a lot of time in a big city makes me feel exhausted. So when I have free time, I often go to the countryside to recharge my batteries.

Mini, Advanced IELTS Class

4 thoughts on “Fitzroy Island

1. Nice article about Fitzroy!
    I like going to places with beautiful nature, too. We are always busy in our lives, it’s so relaxing to enjoy beautiful landscapes.

2. Great article on Fitzroy Island, Mini! Fitzroy is my favourite island around Cairns. I’ve been there many times and always enjoyed my stay.

3. Anyone who has read this article will want to go to Fitzroy Island. I haven’t been there, but the beautiful scenery is appealing to me. I would like to go there someday.

4. Hi! It’s a good photograph(‘v’o)b” I went to the Fitzroy two weeks ago!I think it’s such a beautiful place(*U*)/