Koenigsberger Kloepse

The cuisine in this part of my country is called Mecklenburg cuisine. It is a modest cuisine that uses potato, fish and wild animals’ meat, because of the proximity with the Baltic Sea and a lot of lakes and wide forest around the area.

But I do not like fish and wild animal meat very much, so I am going to talk about a dish which I like and that it is popular as well.

The name of the dish is Koenigsberger Kloepse and it is a meal with boiled meatballs in caper sauce and potatoes. To make the dish you need the following ingredients: potatoes, ground meat, onions, roll, eggs, butter, flour, capers and salt and pepper for seasoning. First you have to soak the roll in water and cut the onions in small pieces. Then you knead the ground meat, onions, egg and the soaked roll very well together and season the mixture with salt and pepper, before you make the meatballs. You have to boil the meatballs in water after making them. Then you have to make the sauce. Put butter and flour in a pot and mix it with the remaining water from the boiled meatballs. When you have a good consistence you have to add the capers and one egg yolk into the sauce and stir it well. The potatoes are served boiled.

Anne, Intermediate A

[embeddoc url=”https://cceb.edublogs.org/files/2016/09/Anne-15fwb71.pptx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]

One thought on “Koenigsberger Kloepse

1. O.M.G this would kill me. Looks extremely delicious so I would try it. I should keep a note in my food-notebook. Y…u….m…m…y