Japchae

Japchae is a Korean traditional food. The recipe is very complex.

First, you have to put sweet potato noodles in boiling water. Noodles mustn’t boil for over 10 minutes. While noodles are boiling, you can make the sauce. The sauce includes many ingredients. Sesame oil, soy sauce (that is fermented soy beans) are the ingredients.

They mix in the ratio of 1 to 2. Then, you should add sugar, because it makes it taste better. Then you have to cut the vegetables. You can add pork, chopped thinly. But pork must be cooked well-done. Lastly, you mix the sauce, the vegetables and the pork.

Japchae is a birthday dish. However, Japchae is not only made on birthdays, but also served at traditional parties.

The reason that Japchae is made on special days is that it means The King’s Dish.

Jinha, Intermediate A

[embeddoc url=”https://cceb.edublogs.org/files/2016/09/jinha-161jixi.pptx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]

3 thoughts on “Japchae

1. I have eaten Japchae several times. I like it.
    But I didn’t know what the story. From your post I found out that Japchae is made on special days and it means the King’s Dish.
    I want to eat it again ~.

2. That’s very interesting to get to know the cuisines from different countries. It could be amazing to do a journey at the school to prepare dishes from the whole world, I’d really enjoy that!!

3. It sounds very tasty! I don’t know a lot of Korean dishes but now I know one of them and if the opportunity arises I will try it out or cook it by myself ;)! Thanks for the explanation!