Peru

I would like to write about my country, Peru. It is located in South America in the tropical zone near the Equator line, it bordered in the North by the Equator, in the North – East by Colombia, in the East by Brazil and Bolivia, in the south by Chile and in the West by Pacific ocean. The Andes Mountains pass through it and divide it into three main regions: the coast, the highland and the jungle.

Peru has a lot of variety in weather, landscape, cuisine, animals, and plants. It also has history, and for this reason it has many archaeological places to visit. Machu Picchu is located in Cusco; considered iconic in Peru and one of the wonders of the world, it is visited by many tourists every year. It was the centre of the Incas Empire from where they spread across South America. Other archaeological places that are visited by tourists are “The Nazca Lines”, “Chan Chan”, “Chavin de Huantar”, etc. Also, it has beautiful landscapes like “Titicaca Lake”, “Huacachina”, “Llanganuco Lake”, “Paracas National Reserve” where the tourists can enjoy extreme sports like climbing and buggy jumping.

Nowadays, Peruvian cuisine is famous in the world, with many varieties of dishes like “Ceviche”, which is a traditional dish prepared with fish, lemon and onion. Another traditional dish is “Carapulca Chinchana” that is a kind of dish from the south part of the country. “Picante de Cuy” and “Pachamanca” are kinds of dishes typical of the highlands. Also, Peru has many traditional drinks like “Pisco Sour”, “Chicha Morada”, “Chicha de Jora”, “Inka Kola”, in the Peruvian jungle you can find many varieties of drinks made from native plants.

Peruvian people will be glad to offer you their hospitality if you come to visit us.

Yeltsin, Upper-Intermediate

[embeddoc url=”https://cceb.edublogs.org/files/2016/11/Peruvian-Pictures-2fdfibw.docx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]

7 thoughts on “Peru

1. It is so romantic and interesting that the Andes Mountains divide ur country into three main regions. Actually I have been wanting to visit Machu Pichu since I was young, and it is one of my directions for my next trip.

1. Dear Saori
      Thank you for your comment. Each place in my country has many things to offer you, I would like that you visit my country.

2. Hi!
    I’m from Colombia and I don’t know much about this country but I did try some drinks from Peru because my uncles traveled there 2 years ago.
    They told me a lot of good things about Peru, they were very interested in learning different histories, cultures and meeting people.
    I’d like to travel there when I return to South America…Good post!

3. Dear Cristian.
    Thank you for your comment, you should pass the experience of your uncle. I would recommend you pass the border and visit my country.

4. Nice Country! Definitely, I would like to go to Peru one day!

We need Peruvian restaurants in Cairns! We deserve the chance to taste ceviche here!

5. Dear Ubaldo
    Thank you for your comment, it would be a good business to open a “Peruvian Restaurant” in Cairns if you help me I would try to do it (hahaha) I hope to see you in my country.

6. I would like to visit Machu Picchu in the future!
    When I was 10 years old I saw a picture of that and I thought:’ It such a beautiful mountain!’
    I think when I go to Peru I’ll just ask my friend to show me around !!! See you in Peru.