Christmas in Cairns and Tokyo

I would like to talk about Christmas in Cairns and Tokyo. Christmas is coming soon, so I chose this topic this time.

It is my first time I’ll experience Christmas overseas, so I’m looking forward to spending Christmas in Australia.

I’ll have summer Christmas in Cairns.  I’m not sure but maybe 2 weeks ago they put a Christmas tree at the Lagoon. I looked at the tree and I thought that actually where I was born, I spent Christmas in the winter season, so I don’t really feel yet that Christmas is coming. Probably all Japanese think so.

To my surprise, I heard many people in Cairns drink alcohol from noon because it’s a holiday and they don’t go to work. So I’m also going to have a drink at noon. There’s very little information online about Christmas in Cairns so I want to experience it myself.

Next I would like talk about Christmas in Tokyo. Tokyo is in winter season now. So at this time of year the days are short. I mean it will get dark soon. Tokyo is brightly illuminated at night. There are so many illuminated places. A lot of couples go and watch them. Sometimes there are fireworks displays at Christmas.

The last slide shows girls wearing Santa Claus’s costume. I like it. I like this season because I can see them every day. Sorry, I’m just kidding! 😉

Thank you for reading!

Kazuki, Pre-Intermediate B

[embeddoc url=”https://cceb.edublogs.org/files/2016/12/Christmas-1bxcuxn.pptx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]

2 thoughts on “Christmas in Cairns and Tokyo

1. It is really funny KAZUKI.
    You like girls wearing Santa Claus’s costume, I understand it.
    Do you know Norway winter season?
    Norway bright time is only 3 hours!!!
    It is very short.
    After this time it looks like the night time.
    I have a friend in Norway.
    He taught me about it.
    I want to find out about Christmas traditions all over the world.

2. Very beautiful pictures!
    I want to go back to Japan and I want to see illumination in Japan.
    Christmas is very different in Cairns and Japan!
    It’s very interesting!!