First time in Australia

I have been staying in Australia for a period of time. As I remember, the first time I arrived in Melbourne, there were several funny things

First of all, when I went to the supermarket, I was surprised that water was more expensive than milk and wine. I don’t know why? I was thinking how I could afford those expensive prices, but my lovely roommates told me that I could drink tap water. First I doubted it is safe to drink tap water without boiling it first, but after that I got used to it.

Secondly, I found out some Aussies don’t like to wear shoes while they are outside, they prefer a natural life and that is very different from my culture.

Lastly, they like to go to bars and get some beer after work. It makes them relaxed and most of the people drink like a fish, which I couldn’t imagine.

Anyhow, I really enjoy staying in Australia. People are kind, the environment is very clean, and the most important thing is people obey the rules.

Nalor, Intermediate A