My experience about Cairns/Australia

I went to Punta Cana, The Dominican Republic one year ago. There my friends and I got to know 2 girls, one from Poland and the other from the USA. While my friends were saying something in English I was watching. After this bad experience I decided to learn English quickly.

The first question was which country. I could go to the USA or Canada, but the cities that I liked are cold during the winter.  Another option would be New Zealand, but the cities there are too small. Then I chose to come to Australia because the weather is similar to my country. But, which city? I wouldn’t want to go to a big city like Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. I used to live in a big city in Brazil and I spent a lot of time on the train or bus.

Finally, I was talking with my travel agent and he showed me Cairns, and I really loved the pictures, the nature and the sea. I was looking for more information on the internet and I decided to come to Cairns.

I’ve been here for 4 months and my experience is really indescribable. I visited different beaches and waterfalls, I had good parties with my friends and I get to know about my new friends and their cultures. I spend and enjoy time at the lagoon to study and speak with my friends.

But, the really important this text and my experience is my English, it’s been improving and now I have a new target in my life, to be fluent and try to do IELTS just for see how much I learned.

I want to say thank you so much for every teacher and all assistants who work here!!!

Bruno Garcia, Upper-Intermediate A