A fairy story

As part of their weekly speaking assessment, CCEB students are sometimes asked to prepare PowerPoint presentations on the chosen topic. Sometimes their teacher wants them to include the grammar point of the week in the presentations to encourage the students to practise their speaking AND grammar at the same time. For Rena and Rina from the Intermediate Class (both girls in the main picture above) the grammar point of the week was phrasal verbs (in bold print in the text below).

Here are Rena and Rina with their fairy story! To understand their PowerPoint photo story, follow the transcript below. OK, let the magic begin!

[embeddoc url=”https://cceb.edublogs.org/files/2017/03/Rina-Rena-2mlb52p.pptx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]

1. One day a pretty baby was born. Her name was Anna. Her mother was a princess of a small country, so she was brought up as a princess in a small castle.
  2. As time passed, she gradually grew up. One day she went to the forest, which was located near the castle, to play.  She was looking forward to picking up some beautiful flowers and climbing the trees.  She was a lively girl.
  3. She moved along the road. Then she found a mysterious door in the tree. She wondered at the door, so she went through and into the world within.
  4. In the fairy land, there were a lot of magical things which she had never seen, for example, shining mushrooms and moving trees.  It was very interesting for her. Suddenly, she heard someone’s laughter, so she headed for the place.
  5. They were fairies and soon she got along with them. They used some magic and showed her some wonderful magic tricks. One of them was a Fairy Godmother. She was coming from over there.
  6. The Fairy Godmother came out to see Anna. She had beautiful big wings and they were shining.  She spoke gently to Anna, “I’m glad to see you, Anna. I knew you would come here. Don’t forget about us and the fairy land. ”
  7. After that, she never found the door to the magical world. Twenty years later, her country became bigger, and she became a princess.
  8. Their happy life did not last very long. Her sister, Elsa, became very sick. When she touched anything, it froze.  She could not touch anything, and she was always cold. Anna called for a lot of doctors from around the country; however, Elsa did not get over her illness.
  9. She remembered her childhood and she thought Fairy Godmother might be able to cure Elsa’s illness. So she hastily went to the forest and looked for the door.
  10. She walked in the forest for a long time. She was very tired and almost gave up looking for it, but just at that moment, she found a sick koala. The koala was dying, so she held it and looked around for a place to take care of it.
  11. She walked with the koala. She found out the door again which she had seen 20 years ago. When she entered the door, something was different from her childhood. Actually, an evil fairy had taken control of the world.
  12. The evil fairy said, “If you want to help the koala and your sister, you have to beat me.  My power is very strong, so you will not able to do that. This is my country!” Anna was afraid of her, but she did not give up. Finally she beat the evil fairy.
  13. Although she had beaten the evil fairy, the koala was still sick. She was sad and cried. When her tear dropped on the koala, she was shining bright.
  14. Suddenly, a strong wind blew, and Anna could not open her eyes. When the wind stopped, she open her eyes slowly.  The koala had changed to the Fairy Godmother. The koala had been caught in a spell.
  15. The Fairy Godmother gave Anna some medicine for her sister. Anna was reluctant to part from the Fairy god mother, but she went back to the castle in a hurry.
  16. As soon as she came back to the castle, she gave the medicine to Elsa. After she drank it, Elsa got over her sickness. She had always felt cold, but then she did not. They were very happy.
  17. After she got better, they held a dance party as a celebration. Many people around the world who heard Anna’s brave called in for the party.
  18. Anna was walking around the party, and bumped into a man.  He was a prince of a far off country whose name was Charming. He was rich and handsome.
  19. Soon they danced together and charmed all the people at the party. They fell in love, so they decided to get married.
  20. After that they held a wedding ceremony at their castle. The nation celebrated the wedding with them on a grand scale. Their hearts swelled with happiness. They lived together happily ever after.

THE END

One thought on “A fairy story

1. Hahaha, I don’t know why this story makes me laugh, hahaha.

Of course, it’s not a bad reason. Maybe, owing to each part of the story, changes radically “just in a second” hahaha. It’s like a mix salad of fantasy and tragedy.

It’s so interesting how the story starts with magical discoveries, then a sad event, followed by a confrontation which didn’t help anything (hahaha), then a magic cure. Consequently a celebration where Anna meets her prince whom she falls in love with and gets married to soon, hahaha. I don’t know why but this story reminds me of the movies: Sleepy beauty, Barbie of swan lake, Barbie fairytopia, Frozen, and Tangled. Personally, I liked this short remix version, especially because it helped me to learn phrasal verbs which are so difficult for me.

Let me tell you that the principal thing which I loved about this story, was the prince’s description “rich and handsome”, hahaha.
    Amazing story, hahaha. Great job! XD