The magic of magnetic letters

Magnetic letters can be really magical, especially when used for vocabulary revision and spelling practice. You might be wondering how. Well, it’s pretty simple: the teacher gives the students a definition of a word they’ve covered, which they then have to spell with magnetic letters. As you can imagine (and also see in the video below), the students can get quite competitive!

Check out the videos below in which the students of Intermediate A are competing in a vocabulary activity run by a trainee teacher, Roger, who was visiting CCEB at the time. So, what’s the adjective of ‘imagine’? (the answer at the end of the first video!)

Another puzzle from Roger: what adjective would you use to describe someone who wears a long dress, a long-sleeved shirt and doesn’t show much skin? The students of Intermediate A give the answer to this question at the end of the video below:

3 thoughts on “The magic of magnetic letters

1. I like playing the Magnetic letters which is fascinating, because good exercise for memorizing , vocabulary revision and spelling correctly and quickly. It will help me to remember better. I would have played the game if I had been in Justyna’s class.

2. It’s an interesting and useful activity!
    I want to remember many vocabulary.
    If I know a lot of vocabulary, I’ll be able to speak English better.
    I’m writing new vocabulary in my small exclusive vocabulary book.
    How do you remember new vocabulary?