My hometown Kami

What I would like to present is a small town in Japan, with a population of about 6000, called Kami-ku, where I grew up. The town is located in the middle of Hyogo prefecture, which is next to Osaka, one of Japan’s most well known and developed prefectures. Since the population is rather small, the town’s atmosphere is serene, surrounded by stunningly beautiful nature, rice paddies, and amazing picturesque views.

You will experience true colours of seasons: fields full of cherry blossom in spring, the depth of beautiful blue sky in summer, leaves turning to nostalgic colours in autumn, and snow covering everything white in winter.

The Sugihara river flows through the town bringing water to our homes as well as supplying to traditional paper mill factories and rice paddies. Mt. Sengamine, the magnificent mountain of over 1,000 meters above sea level, is loved by everyone. The trees provide fresh air for us to breathe. Nature plays a crucial role for the people who live in the town.

The Lavender Park located in the centre of Kami is one of the biggest flower gardens in Japan and a tourist spot. It’s a really attractive town so that there are many people visiting it in pursuit of nature.

My friend Big-Goro

For your information, the area also has a local channel that broadcasts news and gossips of the town, such as sighting some dangerous wildlife like a bear! It’s a real countryside, so we have to be careful about your encounters with wildlife.

My friend, called Big-Goro, sent me many beautiful pictures he took with a single-lens reflex camera, so it’s a must-see!

If you have a chance to go to Japan, I strongly recommend that you visit my hometown and not only Tokyo or Osaka. You can experience both high-tech modern culture of Japan and a traditional Japanese lifestyle in harmony with nature.

Yohei, Intermediate Class

[metaslider id=5983]