Burj Khalifa

Have you ever seen the tallest skyscraper in the world? Well, I did. Look at the picture below, me and my friends at the foot of Burj Khalifa…

Burj Khalifa (Arabic name for Khalifa Tower) known as Burj Dubai is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and has been the tallest skyscraper in the world since 2008, according to the Guinness world record.  It has 153 usable floors, including shops, restaurants and an observatory post where you can admire the spectacular view of Dubai below.

My friends and I in front of Burj Khalifa

Hundreds of tourists come to the UAE (United Arab Emirates) just to visit the tallest tower, take pictures and experience what is like to be at the top of the building. I know how it feels to see the tower up close, I was amazed myself. There is also a dancing fountain beside the Burj Khalifa for after you have finished admiring the tower, and also a vast mall, if you would like to purchase some gifts and souvenirs to family and friends back home.

Some Hollywood movies have been filmed in Dubai, like: Mission Impossible, starring Tom Cruise, who was shot dangling from the window; the Fast and the Furious, featuring Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker; and the latest movie Geostorm, in which a massive tidal wave hits Dubai and damages the tower.

Aside from the tallest building, there are a lot of things to see and fun activities to do in UAE. If you are keen for an adventure indoor or outdoor, go and visit the country. You won’t regret your trip, I myself enjoyed working and living there.

A piece of advice before booking your flight to UAE, know the dos and don’ts, or etiquette and precautions; like: dress modestly, drinking in public is strictly prohibited, and public displays of affection should be minimal. Although UAE is a modern country, it has some rules and guidelines that people should follow. That’s all folks, enjoy your visit.

Rowena, IELTS Class