How to have a nice day in Cairns

If you are bored, you should try what I did last weekend. You might have the happiest time of your life in Cairns.

Last week, I received a message from someone on my way home after school. It was my new friends, Mai and Kana I met at CCEB. They invited me up to Mai’s homestay house for a weekend. I could not help laughing with excitement. We decided to cook and swim in the pool.

Our meeting was fun from the very beginning. During the bus ride, we were talking and rode past two stations. We got on the bus going in the opposite direction. But it was the same bus we had taken just a bit earlier. The bus driver remembered us and didn’t want us to pay new bus fares. We were lucky and it was funny.

The homestay house is in a beautiful village, I loved it! The homestay family were very cool. The house was neat and had a nice swimming pool. We cooled off from the heat with a refreshing swim. We were talking about our cultures and languages.  I felt we became closer. We took funny photos while swimming. We have a lot interesting pictures which I will show you in a little bit.

After swimming, we got hungry. We went to buy the ingredients at the market. We decided to make tomato pasta and needed to buy tomato sauce. There are many types of tomato sauce, so we simply chose the one that attracted our attention the most. We wanted to try it.  We bought some other ingredients and a salad. While Mai was cooking the tomato pasta, Kana and I were setting the table. Kana brought an egg slicer. I found it was interesting and exciting. If you want to an arrange food on the plate prettily, you have to buy it. The tomato pasta was tasty, so our choice proved good.  It was my happiest time after I arrived in Cairns. I made new friends and had a wonderful day. I want to say thank you to them for inviting me.

If you want to have the happiest time of your life in Cairns, please don’t hesitate to get touch in with you new friends!

Lilly, Intermediate Class