Singapore Changi: the most modern airport in the world

Hello guys,

I would like to tell about my experience on my way to Europe when I stopped for some hours in an interesting place, Singapore Changi Airport. At first, I was surprised by this beautiful place. I felt like Alice in Wonderland.

The airport is located in Changi, the east end of Singapore. It is a civilian airport and it is one of the largest transportation hubs in Southeast Asia. The airport links connect more than 400 cities worldwide, transported 62.2 passengers in the year 2017 and check in 7,200 flights per week.

Currently, the airport has four terminals with every terminal offering some special entertainment, facilities and services.

In Singapore, I changed airplanes from Cairns to Frankfurt am Main and had 8 hours on my way to Europe and then again on my way back to Australia.

My first visit began in Terminal 2 where I enjoyed my time in the unique flower garden. One of them was Orchid garden which is situated in the middle of this Terminal. The garden was like a mixture of colours, smells, fantasy flowers, exotic plants and blooming floral compositions.

What I enjoyed the most was the sunflower roof situated outside on the top of the terminal. There were hundreds of yellow smiling sunflowers which looked like small faces watching visitors and the traffic in the airport area. The energy of the gold brown blossom was so strong that I forgot the time and the day was slowly over. The magical atmosphere was completed by the lighting lamps looking like stainless steel sunflowers. I can’t forget the picture in my mind.

The terminal area offered a lot of possibilities of spending free time. For example, I visited relaxations zone with Internet access, comfortable lounger with a view of flower scenery.

The Airport offers a lot of entertainment areas for active visitors. I saw a very busy Entertainment Deck full of young people, where you could find gaming stations, music zone and a free movie theatre. Further on, I saw many children playgrounds looking like painting areas, TV rooms, PC stations with the internet connection and more. The bean bag area was very interesting but, unfortunately for me, it was constantly occupied.

Kate, Upper-Intermediate A

[metaslider id=”8160″]

4 thoughts on “Singapore Changi: the most modern airport in the world

1. I read this article and felt like going too.
    I have not been to the Singapore airport,so I was astonished that there is a flower garden.
    I thought it was also wonderful that various flowers bloom.
    The flower lit up is very beautiful and a person would want to see airport.
    I thought everyone could enjoy themselves. The airport where you can relax made everyone happy.

2. Hello Kate! How’s it going?
    unfortunately, when I went there, I didn’t realize these fantastic things.
    So if I have an opportunity to go there again, I’d love to see it!

3. Hi Kate! there was plenty of useful information in your blog post!
    It reminds me of the time when I lived in Malaysia.
    I used to use Changi Airport always going back to Japan.
    I fully agree that it is the most modern airport in the world!