Why study in Cairns?

A few months ago I was sitting at my desk in cold Bremen, in northern Germany, looking for the possibility to improve my English, the language of the world.  I decided to go to Australia.

That was a long trip. I spent 33 hours travelling, but … it has paid off!  I got outside the Airport in Cairns, gasping for breath, but I had this feeling – I’m right here.

Cairns is a beautiful small city in Far North Australia with sunshine all-round the year. The people are so friendly and helpful. There is no traffic on the streets, no hectic pace, no stress… The city centre can be reached on foot. This region, known worldwide for its magnificent coral reefs “The Great Barrier Reef”, is a paradise for those, who love snorkelling and diving. However, the nature is so beautiful on land too: small islands, wild beaches with amazing flora and fauna – pure relaxation!

You can enjoy the fresh fruits, vegetables and a lot of other natural regional products. In addition, it is a great idea to use really good climate conditions to promote a healthy lifestyle. It is not only a great opportunity for the inhabitants of the city, but also a great attraction for tourists. Walk around the many free sports facilities, such as open-air swimming pools or fitness studios; they are also a lot of free opportunities to spend time with instructors actively 6 days a week. From Aqua Aerobics, to Zumba Fitness, there is something for everyone to try.

It was the best idea to learn English here in Cairns!

Agnieszka, Upper-Intermediate

3 thoughts on “Why study in Cairns?

1. I agree with you. One of the most attractive things is the sunshine all-year around. And free sports facilities are also nice. It will help our English improve. Enjoy your school life in Cairns.

2. Hi Agi! I totally agree with your opinion. We can enjoy wonderful sunshine and a lot of free activities here. I will miss you so much, hope to see you again in Cairns.

3. I came to Cairns on Friday two weeks ago. So I don’t know a lot about Cairns, and I want to know more. Then your post is very helpful for me. Thank you for telling us a variety of information about Cairns. And let’s study hard in CCEB!