NAKA FUKAMACHI

Hello, my friend. Thank you for checking out my post. How was your weekend? I went to Sweets Planet with my workmate. Sweets Planet is a cafeteria which serves sweets. It was so nice. If you like sweets, you should go there.

Today, I’m writing about a Japanese illustrator. Actually, I don’t know much about this person as I only know the person’s pen name and where that person is from. Somebody might think that the illustrator is a female because some illustrations have a female touch. I agree with such expectations so I actually think this person is a female and therefore I’ve decided to call her a “she” in my blog post.

Her pen name is Naka Fukamachi. She was born in Kagoshima prefecture in Japan. Her illustrations posted on Twitter are spread around by teenagers, and now she is a popular illustrator with 310,000 followers. She debuted in 2014 in “Fukamachi Naka Art Collection Heartwarming Log ~ Important Kimi(you) ~”. She also deals with CD jackets. Her illustrations show Japanese couples and family members spending time together. Fukamachi Naka’s illustrations are extremely popular but there seem to be some people who don’t like them very much as they seem to be of the opinion that “such a couples don’t really exist”.

Now, I will show you my favorite illustrations. I’m sorry, they are only in Japanese so I will translate them into English. OK, see you next time! Have a good day!

Couple (translation)

The lady: Why did you eat my sweets without asking me?!

Her boyfriend: Because you said before you were going on a diet.

The lady: But it is my reward!

Her boyfriend: Sweets are a reward for  your diet?

The lady: …

Her boyfriend: As it is cute, would you like to eat it anyway? (He hands her a half-eaten sweet).

Family

The child: Release your hand! He is mine!!

The mother: You are wrong. He has been mine for 10 years!!

The father: I’m glad I got married…

Jumpei, Cert III in Hospitality

One thought on “NAKA FUKAMACHI

1. Hi Jumpei, how’s it going?
    I like her touch in the cartoons. It looks like my favorite illustrator called HERO who is famous for ‘Hori san to Miyamura kun’
    If you are interested in it, click the URL below.
    It’s free for reading!

http://dka-hero.com/top.html