Kansai Japan

One month ago, I visited Osaka, Kyoto and Nara for three days. Osaka is a very big city and attracts many tourists. I met my classmates, Misa and Chihiro in Osaka and they were my guides who showed me around. We ate a lot of traditional food like Tokoyaki, Okonomiyaki, Ramen, Sushi and Kushikatsu. The most famous building in Osaka is Tsuutenkaku, which was built in 1956. It has the first lift ever built in Japan. There is also a lot of entertainment and shops that young people like to go to.

On the second day, we went to Kyoto to visit the famous temple of Kiyomizudera which was built one thousand years ago and is the oldest temple in Kyoto. There are many shops which sell traditional food. In the past, Kyoto was the capital of Japan. Nowadays, you still can see many girls who are wearing Japanese traditional clothes in Kyoto. The clothes are called Kimono or Yukata. They usually wear Kimonos in winter and Yukatas in summer.

On the last day, I planned to go to the Osaka Castle but I didn’t go there because I had taken a wrong train to Nara. There are many different lines going to different places.

If it is your first time in Osaka, you might lose your way. In Nara, you can see a lot of deer. You can feed and touch them. Even though the deer are very friendly and enjoy eating, you should keep your distance.

It was a good trip and I had a lot of fun. If you have never been to Osaka, you should go there at least once. I already miss Osaka. I can’t wait to be back again.

Darren, Intermediate A

One thought on “Kansai Japan

1. Hello Darren,

it sounds very lovely! Especially I like the part with deer. Even though it is little bit strange when you are allowed to feed them. I think they can come down with some illness from human food but I don’t really know if they want to eat something else except grass or green leafs.