Beautiful seasons in Japan

I’m going to talk about some typical prefectures in Japan as my first topic on this blog. Japan is an isolated country longer than it is wide. So it has four amazingly beautiful seasons. I guess everybody knows that Japan is the most beautiful country in the world.

First, I’ll talk about Hokkaido. I was born there, and it is the northernmost part of Japan so it has plentiful seafood. Some tourists come to try its delicious marine products. The weather is cool throughout the year so it is very comfortable to live there. August is the hottest month in Hokkaido with an average temperature of 22°C (72°F) and the coldest is January at -4°C (25°F). Hokkaido is a winter icon in Japan. It has a lot of nice ski resorts from beginners to advanced. And it is also blessed with nice snow because of its weather. One of the most famous ski resorts, called Niseko is well known by Australian people because of its powder snow. Furthermore, Hokkaido has a short summer. It is also a wonderful season there because it has a lot of flower farms which are maintained so beautifully. You must visit Hokkaido at least once in your life.

saori7Now let me talk about Kyoto. That is my favourite destination of travel. I think it is the most beautiful part of my country because there are many traditional buildings, elegant craftwork and eternal histories. Kyoto is the birthplace of the oldest Japanese culture. It still fascinates a lot of people in Japan as well as foreigners because of this historical aspect. Almost all people in the world know that Kyoto has the precious origins of Japan. Proof of this is the fact that Kyoto had not been attacked by other countries even during WW1&2. Although Kyoto doesn’t have many hot springs, it is famous for beautiful seasonal views such as cherry blossom, kawadoko (the idea from ancient people to escape the summer heat), autumn tints and deep snow because it forms a basin. You must go there at least 4 times to experience each season! Especially in autumn it shows us marvelous views in which all leaves change colour and you must be moved to tears. Certainly I was. Kyoto is just the symbol of Japanese seasons.

As some of you guys know, I was working for a travel agency in Japan and arranging unique tours for customers. Now I have quit my job to come Australia, but I really like to recommend Japan to people, and I truly love my country. So please let me know when you visit Japan and also let me introduce some places for sightseeing to you. If you come to Japan while I am there, I will definitely guide you all over Japan for free! (It’s desirable you would pay for my lunch during the tour. hahaha)

Saori (Customer Service Course/Upper-intermediate General English)

4 thoughts on “Beautiful seasons in Japan

1. Saori!
    Hokkaido is one of my favorite places in Japan.
    Actually I have been there a few times.
    This summer, I went to Furano to see colorful flowers and eat seafood.
    As to Kyoto, I’m not familiar with the city.
    Please guide me around Kyoto.
    And let’s study more about Japan and guide friends in English!

2. I have never been to Japan but the way that you describe Hokkaido and Kyoto encourages me to visit your country, I would like to visit your beautiful country one day and it will be a big journey like Australia.

3. There are four seasons in Japan, I think that it is really a country that has fun every year.
    I also love Hokkaido and I go there often.
    My favorite place is “Biei hill”. This place has a beautiful scenery with a hill next to a vast field.
    Next year I will go to Hokkaidou!!

4. I was born in Hokkaido too!
    I think that It’s a very beautiful country.
    But, winters are very cold….Woooo.
    Thank you.